Pinyin: Bái Yào Zǐ
English name RADIX STEPHANIAE CEPHARANTHAE
This herb is the dried tuberous root of Stephania cepharantha Hayata, a plant of the tetragoniaceae plant. It is excavated in autumn and winter, the secondary roots are removed, washed, sliced and dried.
This herb is an irregular block with a diameter of 2 to 7cm and a thickness of 0.2 to 1.5cm. The outer skin is dark brown with wrinkles and fibrous root marks. The cut surface is white or gray-white, and veins (vascular bundles) can be seen, some of which are slightly arranged in a ring. It is hard and brittle, easy to break, and the section is powdery. Gas micro, bitter taste.
Storage Store in a dry place and prevent moths.
Processing Remove impurities, wash, moisten thoroughly, cut into pieces and dry.
1) The cross section of this product: the cork layer is more than 10 rows of cells, containing brown matter. There is a falling cortex outside. There are a few stone cells scattered in the cortex. The vascular bundles are ductile and slightly arranged in whorls, the xylem is underdeveloped, and fiber bundles can be seen in the central xylem. Parenchyma cells contain calcium oxalate square crystals and fine needle crystals; and contain most starch granules.
2) Take 5g of the coarse powder of this product, add 25ml of ethanol, put it on a water bath to reflux for 10 minutes, filter, evaporate the filtrate to dryness, add 2ml of dilute hydrochloric acid to the residue to dissolve, and filter. Take 1ml of the filtrate, add 2 drops of potassium mercury iodide test solution, and generate a large amount of yellowish white precipitate.
Enter the spleen, lung and kidney meridians.
The taste is bitter and cold.
It is used for heat-toxic sore, sore throat, tooth and silver swelling and pain, sputum, scrofula, poisonous snakebite, rheumatic arthralgia, abdominal pain, diarrhea and cough, hematemesis, epistaxis, traumatic bleeding, etc.
In modern clinical use, it is mostly used for acute pharyngitis, mumps, furuncle, venomous snake bite, rheumatoid arthritis, neurodermatitis, etc.
It mainly contains phenolic alkaloids and non-phenolic alkaloids, from which a variety of alkaloids such as fenugreek, tetrandrine, phyllophyline, fenugreek, and fenugreek are isolated. It has the functions of anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic, dilating blood vessels, and promoting blood flow.
Usage and dosage:
9～15g; wine bubbles can treat swelling and pain. Appropriate amount for external use, powdered and applied to the affected area.
1. Wind-phlegm Shangyong. Use 3 taels of Baiyao and half 2 taels of black morning buffalo, stir-fry together until half of the morning buffalo is removed, grind them to the end, add 3 taels of parsnip at the end, and mix well. For one dollar per serving, tea will be delivered.
2. Sore throat. Use one tael of Baiyao at the end, one point of borneol, add honey and make into balls, such as gorgonzilla. Swallow one pill each time.
3. Hematemesis does not stop. Use Baiyao to burn the survival, three money per serving, and glutinous rice soup will be sent.
4, rotten eyes and shadows. Use one tael of Baiyaozi and half a tael of licorice, grind it to the end, mix it with the cut pork liver, cook it and eat it.
5. The carbuncle persists. Use raw Baiyao root to smash the affected area. Change the medicine when it dries.
Excerpt from “The Dictionary of Traditional Chinese Medicine”